Thursday, March 5, 2009

HCF - HIGH COST FACTOR

We all are made to enter the cool world of ice creams very early in our life…I am no exception to this also…However what made me and guess my friends and maybe everyone love this family of ice creams, sundaes and cones is the factor that I call as HCF (high cost factor).

I realised this after many years of consumption of a particular dessert which is anyone’s all time favourite though it has always been associated with high cost. Having the dessert almost after 4 years of graduating from college, nothing had changed. The same cup, taste, the big plastic spoon with which u endlessly try to dig out all the chocolate sauce…Another thing also that had not changed was its inflation rate…after every 2-3 years its price always increases and everyone who consumes it after some time starts talking about it…cause HCF has been everyone’s companion since the time people know about it.

I remember going to Nirulas with my parents after every school function or anything and eat it along with my sister. It used to be if Rs 50 only…as we grew up and never had enough pocket money saved to visit this place it almost cost 75 and we 6 people used to share one HCF…then it was 90, some years back…now something else. Every time we end up eating it after ages we remember the cost factor associated with it and the struggle at some point in our life to get the taste of it.

I am sure that more than the cost all of us cant afford the calories associated with the frequent consumption of it…I wonder whether the price graph of it will ever shift down …or else it will soon enter the exception to law of demand category cause it will always be a popular dessert amongst many…
And, if this is true HCF freaks would soon have to build up a HCF and i.e. High Chocolate Fund ;-)

No comments: